We're having our next Matanuska Greenbelt meeting on Wednesday, March 20, at 5:30pm at the Matanuska Experiment Farm - 1st floor on left. We've had a lull in meetings, but a *lot* of things are happening now.
A few things we want to discuss include:
1. Landfill expansion and CMT plan. We've been allowed to have trails on Landfill land for almost 30 yrs, but will now need to make some adjustments.
2. Trailhead posters - are we missing information?, is some information not needed? All 8 posters are a little different. (3 are on our website)
3. Race information to help RD's navigate the multiple land managers.
4. New imagery and LIDAR and how to best use this for MGT - both for helping trail users find their way around (simple maps like we've been using) and potential management applications.
5. Alaska Agriculture Appreciation Day on August 8, noon to 6pm, Thurs.
6. Trail work days? National Trails Day?
7. Heads up about breakup since it may be here before April meeting.
Alaska State Parks is putting on two training classes. One will be at Mat-Su College JKB (Jalmar Kerttula building), room 108, on March 21, 5:30-8:30pm. Topics include:
5:30-6:00 Winter Multi-Use Trail Safety
6:10-7:00 Sustainable Trail construction
7:00-7:30 Wet Areas Geogrid Application
7:30-8:15 Grant Writing for Recreational Trails
Breaks between sessions allow time for networking
Vic Stanculescu from Willow is the lead on these.
They're also having one on March 19 at Upper Susitna Senior Center (Y).
See you all on the 20th. Enjoy the sunny trails.